Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'll Take The Sticks and Stones Anyday

I'm listening to :"Alibi" by David Gray

Music is so powerful.  One of the easiest ways to figure out a persons mood is to listen to the music that they are listening too.  Music has always been a huge part of my life. I love it. People sometimes as me what kind of music do I like... my response is always the same. I like Good Music. and Good Music has no genre.  So that is why I love letting you know what I'm listening to as I write, gives you a little more insight into me.  

Thanks for reading and support this cause. 

When I was younger I would always here that song...or whatever it is... "stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"... I never understood that.  I guess I still don't understand it.  A really really really good friend of mine, was working on a film this past weekend and wanted my feedback.  I watched it and I thought it was very funny.  So I emailed him my thoughts and my congrats.  He response was so interesting... "josh your words are life to me".  I feel the same way.  Words are everything...and most of the time it's the only thing that you actually have.  And if words can be life, then they also can be death....isn't that worse than a few broken bones... I guess to each his own.... I'm a writer, so I guess thats also why words are so important to me, how they are chosen, why they are positioned in the way that they are. I put a lot of thought into that.

...Your words have been life me guys... Seriously, I see your comments on the facebook, and I see your emails, that you have taken time to write to me... your words are life to me. They give me hope and strength to continue to push this boulder forward.  I long to be in Swaziland...holding a child and speaking Life to them.  There is so much power in a hug, a smile...in your eyes, and real love knows no language barrier. 

If we only knew that our words give life/death...we don't know that. I'm trying to learn that... if we knew it, we would be careful....slow to speak... we would be so careful in what we said to each other...jokes or not.... 

It's a very tough road to Where You Are...but the boulder slowly moves, and with your help it will continue. Thank you very much for the love. 


No comments: