Thursday, December 4, 2008

You Don't Know Me

I'm listening to: "Firelight" by Danielle Davidson

On every journey to something destined, the road to get there always seems to become more tough, more jagged.  Most people when they here that I want to do a project about Swaziland, and try and cause people to rethink life, they usually assume that I have such a good outlook on life, and I'm positive and I have it all together. But that isn't true.  This has been a struggle.  Some days, like today, I just feel like quitting it all, and just continue to be "Average Jack", or Josh, I guess. One would think that if I was doing something to help others, it would be an easy journey, but its not, and I think that is what matters.  Which is more important the outcome or the journey? Both? You tell me, I'm not smart enough. What I do know is this?  "Life Sucks" life is hard, even on this path to doing this project, sometimes it gets extremely hard, new life pressures blossom, challenges, and situations constantly rise.  ...I'm talking to myself now, you can listen too if you want.  No matter how dead we feel inside, no matter how hard this challenge is, we have to believe that we are here for a reason, and life is hard for a reason.  Life could be bliss, and easy, and we all could be rich, but then, nothing would be beautiful, nothing would matter.  So enjoy it Joshua.  Enjoy this painful ride for now, its worth it in the end.  But, you don't you think for one moment, that I don't struggle, or that I have it all together....give me more grace...cause i'll surprise you. I'm.....like you...."normal".  So when I'm down here, looking up on the world, don't stare back, kick me, or laugh.  Give me your hand, join me, because behind every dream, every life vision, there are a team of people working towards it. I'm not sure, if one man, one person, besides Jesus, has ever made a difference.  Usually there is always, Always, someone holding them up straight, lifting them up high, holding them tighter, so they won't fall, fail....

Enjoy the struggle.....Enjoy the Journey.... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep hope alive, keep on believing, cause you know who RULES

Anonymous said...

like i always say, your parents didn't name you joshua for no reason, they knew you were different. someone with purpose. believe in yourself. because you are awesome. say it. cause i am awesome, awesome I AM THE AWESOME ONE