Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Perfect Score


I'm listening to: "The Journey" by Hans Zimmer

These past few months have been so busy for us... Sorry I haven't written more, I'm getting better.  The dream of this project started almost one year ago, and ever since it was written, I've dreamed of one of my greatest friends to compose the music to the film. Darren Mcfate. Not only is he one of the most talented writer/conductor/composer that I've ever known, he is an amazing husband/father/friend.  I respect him and look up to him. Here is some background. I worked at a place for 2 years with Darren. I didn't like there at all, in fact I was trying to leave ever since I started, but nevertheless, I was there.  One thing that kept me there for so long was the friendship that I had with Darren and his family. They welcomed my wife and I into their home and treated us with such grace. As you know, I now live in florida, away from Darren and that job, which was in DC, but I know I was at that place for a reason.  It's only perfect that I would meet Darren there, and we would become good friends and talk about our favorite composers, and scores, and now that we have this project.... it;s destiny that we would work on it together...... I stand in awe of life, and how your dreams really are impossible, in every way, without the support of real people, real friends, who believe in you.... Life does lead us through painful moments, horrible times, that we do not understand. But as I sit on my balcony staring north to DC, I now know why I worked at that place. I can see how I was meant to live through that struggle to gain strength that I would have otherwise not acquired. So as you watch our film and as your are moved by what you see....you will really be moved by what you hear.....


1 comment:

danielle said...

Everything happens for a reason. I can't wait!